On the other hand, it means that I get stressed out and have a hard time focusing on things, including current crafting projects. My job search since I graduated as been brutal and full of quite a bit of failure, which is fine. Your life is better for failing, but it’s really time for me to find a job that will let me sustain myself independently so some of the stress comes from feeling that the stakes are so high. However, this position is similar to what I already do, and I am very confident about what I can offer, now I just want to go and get it over with and move on. Whew.
Personal information aside, since when I am stressed I have a harder time concentrating on projects, I decided just to start new, small projects to occupy my hands and mind while I wait.
These dishcloths are super easy. All you have to know how to do is knit and yarn over. You knit them from corner to corner, so you can decide how big your dishcloth will be as you go if you want. I have a bunch of Comfy fingering weight yarn from Knit Picks leftover from a different project. I originally bought this for a sweater pattern and then decided I didn’t like this particular yarn for the project.
Enter dishcloth stash busting project! Since mine is fingering weight yarn, I just tripled up the skeins to get closer to a DK/Worsted weight yarn. You just have to make sure you are getting through all the loops when you pull your stitches off of the needle. The yarn is very soft and since it is acrylic and cotton blended together, it will be durable and good for light cleaning, or bathroom use.
The pattern is pretty simple and you can find multiple free versions on Ravelry. In this case I cast on 4 sts and knit back to the beginning, then increased each row by K2, yo, knit to end of row until I got to the length I wanted. In my case, I increased up to about 50 sts, and then began decreasing. To decrease: K1, K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit to end of the row. This is what gives the dishcloths the pretty almost raised looking border.
The one in the middle was made by using two strands of purple and one strand of ivory while knitting so in a way you can make your own multi-type yarn.
Anyway, since I will be traveling for the next couple of days I wanted to get a post out.